Perakaunan

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Run.......for?

Recently I was attracted to another kind of sport involving running. Well I'm not an athletic person. I'm an important figure during my school sport day but not as an athlete. I was the person responsible for releasing the sportsman from the starting line. I can't sprint a 100m or anything related to running. I even can't 'run' from school. So during 'merentas desa' when I was able to complete the run, not only within the time limit but among the good one, I shocked myself. Please note that i didn't write among the best cause I'm not. You to can be shock with what you can actually achieve.

Thus, recently despite worsen condition of my stamina, have to admit on that, I was attracted to Marathon. It need a lot of energy and stamina not to mentioned determination. A full marathon will have a distance of 42.195km thus I pretty confidence of not finishing it in any time nearby. Not even half marathon with distance of around 21km. So I'm targeting for 10km run within this year. Unfortunately, I haven't started anything to increase my stamina, ability and capability to run that far.

The history of marathon started by a Greek soldier during a battlefield, Marathon Battlefield. Pheidippides, the soldier was send from a battlefield to announce 'We have won'. He collapse and died after announcing it. Noted that he was also fought in the battle. The distance between Marathon and Athens was approximately 42km as per now distance.

The route was not as easy as nowadays marathon race but that call improvement. Pheidippides take his mission wholehearted even it cost him, his life.


p/s: Just pursuing my dream wholeheartedly for more than 42km. ;D

4 comments:

  1. 42.195km ek..so accurate.. apa kata cuba dulu jarak 0.195km tu ker... atau pun 2.195 ker..tgk dulu camno gamaknya...kalu blum tahap merangkak bleh la proceed ke jarak 3.195 lak hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takde la nak lari 42.195km tu terus. Bleh lari tulang wo....
    Nak try 10km jer.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. please do it before 25/5...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before 25/5 for 10km?
    Don't think i can make it but 'I terai'

    ReplyDelete